Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Print DID list 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumetJohn

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2017
US
Hello all -

I am new to the CS1000. I have been tasked with decommissioning the CS1000 and installing a new Cisco IP system. I do have access to the console of the CS1000, but my knowledge is pretty limited. I have been reading through these pages for a few months now and learned quite a bit.

I am stuck on one thing. I need to print out a list of current DIDs. I have been told we have 200 DIDs. 1400 range and the 1600 range from our local telco.

Can someone point me in the right direction to verify this??? I think they all come over our PRI, even for Fax. We have a 3 digit extension, so anyone with a 4xx or 6xx has a DID.

Wondering if someone can assist??

Thanks!

John

from the config it is no always possible to determine what DDI you have. You will receive a number of trailing digits from the carrier and depending on the length of you LDN0 (LD 22, REQ prt, TYPE ldn, CUST 0) specifies how many of the digits you use. For example if your LDN0 is 3 digits in length and like you say your DN's match the DDI's there would be no need to add anymore config to make them work.

The other way that digits are manipulated as they come in is using incoming digit conversion (IDC) for this if you print your Route Data Block for the PRI's (LD 21, REQ prt, TYPE rdb, CUST 0, ROUT (enter the route you want to print or nothing to print them all)). In the RDB if you see IDC YES and below that the next 2 prompts are the DAY and Night tables. If it is using IDC you can print these tables in LD 49 (REQ prt, TYPE idc, CUST 0, DCNO x (Then number in the day/night tables in the RDB). The Day and Night tables in the RDB can be different but you can see the current status when you print the RDB there is a "*" against the active one.

If you want to confirm your DDI ranges you could switch on the DCH messaging in LD 96 and dial in

enl msgi x <--enables incoming messaging on the DCH you specify
enl msgo x <--outgoing messaging
enl mon tty <--Tells the switch to output the messaing on to all TTY (You see in on terminal)

dis mon tty <--stops the output

You could then dial 1 below the start number (shouldn't see anything), first number, last number, one above last number (shouldn't see anything).

On the setup messages you see coming in the Called number will be the digits you receive from the carrier that your switch is dealing with.

There's nothing in the PBX that say this is your DID range. You have to know what that range is, then you can print a LUDN in LD 20. What you see in the LUDN print out will be all the unused numbers, anything not in the LUDN printout will be used.

Thanks for the info. I did print the LUDN so I will compare to what I am being told are our DIDs and go from there.

Thanks again!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back