Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 PRI to Redcom older IGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

don2119

Technical User
Aug 13, 2008
US
Does anybody have older REDCOM experience that connected a PRI between these to switches? Since the Redcom does not do NI2 I am having to use ESS5 or D100 on the CS1000. Had a partial PRI come up with 4 channels in FE Make busy on the CS1K the rest were idle I was able to call the REDCOM but the REDCOM cannot call the CS!K. Every time I did a stat in LD 60 the more trunks would go into FE MAKE BUSY. Of Course I cannot provide the timing from the CS!K in ESS5 OR D100 so the REDCOM has to support timing.

Thank YOU!

Have you tried enabling Service Messaging on your DCH? Our access circuit to our LD provider which uses DMS250 protocol requires Service Messages to be turned on (LD 96, ENL SERV dch). It's been a long time since I originally provisioned this span but I sortof remember that the FE MAKE BUSY was what I was seeing and enabling service messages fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back