Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 PRI GW MSDL0300, MSDL112, MSDL0102 Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJSR8R

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2008
US
Hello, I am having problems on a system with a CS1000 PRI GW. The MSDL Errors keep showing up intermintently. We think the trouble could be the customer doing port scans but we can't confirm. We have swapped out the Dch DB once, then when the trouble returned we changed out the Chassis, PRI GW card, and MGC. Trouble has not been back since but it is intermintent. See below. It's always this same loop.

DCH: 1 DISABLED (MSDL 72 0 2 SYS DSBL)
DCH: 2 DISABLED (MSDL 72 0 2 SYS DSBL)
MSDL112 MSDL 72 0 2

MSDL300 72 0 2 FROM: ENBL TO: SYS DSBL - NOT RESPONDING
TIME: 11:33:09

MSDL300 72 0 2 FROM: SYS DSBL - NOT RESPONDING TO: SYS DSBL - SELF TESTING
TIME: 11:33:09

MSDL300 72 0 2 FROM: SYS DSBL - SELF TESTING TO: SYS DSBL - SELFTESTS PASSE
D
TIME: 11:34:13

MSDL300 72 0 2 FROM: SYS DSBL - SELFTESTS PASSED TO: ENBL
TIME: 11:34:13

DCH: 2 EST CONFIRM TIME: 11:34:45 30/11/2011

DCH: 1 EST CONFIRM TIME: 11:34:47 30/11/2011

I have the system cloned in our lab and the closest I can come to replicating the trouble is to induce port scanning, inserting a duplicate IP address into the network, or just plain pulling the ELAN connector on the MGC. The thing is is that those tests are accompanied by the ELAN link down messages appearing, this is not seen when the trouble happens on site. I have a case open with Avaya but even they are struggling finding a true root cause. There are other threads related to this type of event but none have a true conclusion. If anyone has a test you want me to try I have non production system that I can play with. Suggestions welcome. Also, if anyone else having this same issue up for a conference call let me know.

I found these two references below

MediaGateway out of service due to failures in the SLAN as below:

The problem was resolved by changing the Chassis and the SSC of MGW but prior to this we changed the IP daughterboard's in the Call Server and MGW. Frank Hanratty/Bob Smith also bypassed all SLAN cables and bulkheads by directly cabling from the NTDK83 on the CS SSC to the NTDK99 on the MGW SSC with a crossover cable.

SRPT182 QOS rating for link 3 is POOR

MSDL300 31 FROM: ENBL TO: SYS DSBL - NOT RESPONDING
TIME: 02:14:12

SRPT016 OMM: IP link is DOWN between Call Server/Main Cabinet and MediaGateway/Expansion Cab 3
SRPT017 OMM: IP link is UP between Call Server/Main Cabinet and Media Gateway/Expansion Cab 3

IOD372 LSECDR: File c:/u/smp_db/dba.cdr is available on MediaGateway/Expansion Cabinet 3

DTC103 3

SCR2000 3 0 2

SCR2000 3 2 0

MSDL300 31 FROM: SYS DSBL - NOT RESPONDING TO: ENBL

Extra note
This problem was seen on another 2 sites, and was localised to the CAT 5 cables linking the Slan.
If using the sockets on the front cabinet to link to the back of the cabinet, you are in effect using 5 CAT 5 cables and 4 double ended female connectors. By connecting directly from the main processor to the Gateway you are bypassing 8 potential faults. This may be a better fix than having to change out both cabinets (main and expansion) to ensure you have a clear.

###############################################################

Switch was outputting MSDL102, MSDL112, and MSDL300 messages and then switch INI'd ( INI000 2F)

MSDL102 13
DCH: 48 DISABLED (MSDL 13 SYS DSBL)
DCH: 49 DISABLED (MSDL 13 SYS DSBL)
MSDL112 13
MSDL300 13 FROM: ENBL TO: SYS DSBL - NOT RESPONDING
TIME: 11:46:11
MSDL300 13 FROM: SYS DSBL - NOT RESPONDING TO: SYS DSBL - SELF TESTING
TIME: 11:46:11
MSDL300 13 FROM: SYS DSBL - SELF TESTING TO: SYS DSBL - SELFTESTS PASSED
TIME: 11:47:26
MSDL300 13 FROM: SYS DSBL - SELFTESTS PASSED TO: ENBL
TIME: 11:47:26
DCH: 48 EST CONFIRM TIME: 11:47:28 10/10/2002
DCH: 49 EST CONFIRM TIME: 11:47:28 10/10/2002

Patch p15441 was required.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks for the feedback. We did change out the entire chassis and we do believe the trouble to be something interferring with the ELAN connectivity on the MGC card that controls 72 0. Currently we have ELAN/TLAN connectors connected directly to the customers 5510 Data Switches. We also have the connections for the Dual Homing attached on the PRI Gateway. I have the system cloned in my lab and the only way I can come close to re-producing the trouble is to unplug the ELAN connector, insert a duplicate IP address on the network, or run a scan against the ELAN IP of the MGC. This causes the IP link to fail on the MGC card in the lab then the MSDL300 errors appear followed by the XMI's that are caused when the NTDW70AAE5 reboots. This is a really weird problem and it seems that there is more than one instance of this and on different types of hardware as you stated in your thread. Somewhere there must be a smoking gun for all this. It is interesting though how they cabled directly from the processor card to the MGW. Usually we run all the ELAN/TLAN cables for all devices directly to the data switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back