Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 IP Phone i2001 PING Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaG33k

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
I have a question about the i2001 phones. I have set a side a specific IP range and it would be great if I could do a multi Ping and see what addresses are used and which are not. However, whenever I try to ping an IP set it gives me a request timed out. Is there a way to change it so that the IP set will respond to a Ping command? I'm setting them up using static IP's.

Thanks in advance,
USCG IT1

I have over 500+ IP sets and they all ping for me... are you sure you don't have a configuration problem somewhere?

Good Luck!

I figured out the problem, turns out I'm just an idiot. What it was, I was trying to ping on a box that had multiple NIC's on multiple networks. Apparently it doesnt like that for some reason, once I tried it from a box with a single NIC on a single network it PINGed fine. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back