Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 differences 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Cadmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2007
CA
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some insight into any defferences between the CS1000 platforms. I was previously the administrator a CS1000 (81C) environment (succession 3/4.5) with several 11c sits (networked/VoIP). I'm currently unemployed but was recently contacted regarding a temporary support position.

My question is that given this opportunity is to support a 1000e (something I haven't had the experience is supporting before) what are the major differences between the other CS1000 platforms? Is the software loads still the same, as well a signalling servers? What are the major differences aside from it's being an IP PBX and smaller footprint?

I would hate to take on CS1000e support, if it's quite different from my previous environments.

Thanks in advance, this is extremely time sensitive as I will need to respond today.

The 1000e is in essence the same as a large CS1000 system, but it is using a CPPM processor and is more IP based along with using where applicaple the Option 11c type cards such as XDLC, FALC, PRI, XFEM, COT, Miran etc.

The CPPM processor can be positioned in any slot and each cabinet is just like the CS1000S although it's still possible to use the older style Option 11 grey cabinets!.

The signalling Server can now be mounted in a card slot, instead of a rack mounted one. Each cabinet is connected via a Media Gateway card in slot "0" (Like old SSC card in 1000S).

Backup CPPM processors / Sig Servers etc can be used as in the old larger platforms as is the TN configuration being Shelf Card unit etc.

There is probably more to add in, but it's just a combination of both platforms with more IP added in.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

+1 what Firebirdscrambler said.

The software is exactly the same as on a large switch. The TNs on a CS1000e are in Large System Format (l-s-c-u), so you won't have any problems there.

If you are proficient on an 81c, you should be able to adapt very quickly to the CS1000e.

The major difference is there are no core or network modules, all the functionality that used to reside in those modules is now either located in the Media Gateway, provided by the Media Gateway Controller, or provided by the Call Server in software.

For instance, there are no Conference cards, but each Media Gateway Controller will support 2 conference loops. Same with TDS cards. There are also no Ring Generators, the Power supply of the Media Gateway provides all required analog voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back