Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 calls to PSTN need to allow name only, block number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian2014

Technical User
Jan 28, 2014
CA
We have a CS1000 and the name and number is displayed to the externally in the PSTN (for each user), management wants to only display the NAME to the PSTN on specific phones?

CLS DDGD NAMA
That should display the name accompanied with something like "Private Number".

I should have said that it also depends on what your carrier has allowed or configured on your PRI. Since you are probably with Bell Canada then you most likely can do what I suggested.

With our carrier, I think we can't control the name. We get the name that's on the bill....for what it's worth.

I've had to research this before in the states and found that name delivery was dependent on the called party's carrier and whether or with who they have subscribed to for the name lookup service. I could work with the carrier to get names changed but the propagation of those changes could not be predicted.

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CNAM[/url]

P.S. and I thought this service queried the name based on the number delivered, so if you don't deliver the number I'm not sure you can get a name. This of course may be different in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back