Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000/Callpilot locked up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomarang

Vendor
May 5, 2008
US
I have inherited a CS1000 with CallPilot. I believe it was installed in '05-'06. This Callpilot "locks up" quite often, and the fellow that I replaced said to reboot it to fix the trouble. This happens every 2-4 weeks, and sometimes longer between intervals, does not seem to be weather related. I have verified that the rack is properly grounded.

I am getting tired of pushing the little reset button and need help troubleshooting this. I don't know what information to provide, but I do know that it has unified messaging. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!!

Post release and Peps of Callpilot?

Please pardon my ignorance. WHere do I find the Peps?

I have some CallPilot 5.0 on 1002rp with Microsoft SP2and completely up to date with peps and Nortel provided MS hotfixes. I have had 3 systems lock up some several times over 2 to 3 weeks.One was a lab system with no traffic. No Event viewer errors to indicate why. Power down reboot fixes.
Even stopped the anti virus services and still 2 systems froze. The attached monitor and mouse dead but screen display shows the desk top. Nortel cannot figure out what is wrong. They told us to remove antivirus Mcafee 8.0 software and epolicy.
( That leaves us wide open)
Have been monitoring Task manager and do not see any unusual events like page file building or memory increasing above normal. No unusal remote logons at time of freeze either. Features in use are just appications, mailboxes,Reporter and Give IVR from Symposium 5.0..... Ya... upgrading to 6 soon. Our network is solid with VLANed ELAN so shouldn't be getting stormed.
Anyone with similar symptoms let me know....Thanks

CallPilot info:
Server Ver: 04.04.04
Switch type: Succession 1000
Platform type: IPE 201i
Switch Connectivity: Propriety CTI

Any ideas?

start, programs, callpilot, either dmi viewer or pep viewer.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

this is what we fixed our 5.0 with, needed to be reboot every 2 or 3 weeks till this was installed
This package contains:
======================

1. PEP Number: CP500S02G49S

2. Problem Description:
=======================
Q01877281:
Telephony service terminates with unhandled exception under the traffic with call
transfers involved.

Q01896505:
CallPilot stops answering calls. All incoming calls goes to DFDN.

This PEP requires CPManager/Reporter v. 05.00.41.41 (PEP CP500S02G50C).

3. List of CRs that are addressed by this PEP:
==============================================
Q01877281 Telephony Service Terminates followed by Fatal Exception 42803
Q01896505 Calls follow DFDN treatment

Other fixes resolved in the replaced PEP:
--------------------------------------------
Q01843901 Config Wizard hangs after installing Service Update
Q01821098 Calls fails to get to CallPilot
Q01877281 Telephony Service terminates followed by Fatal Exception 42803
Q01779721 Ring back tone for "One Number Voice/Fax Call Answering" feature is not Israeli
Q01648840 One-number fax giving Euro ring tones
Q01854242 Supervised transfers to CallPilot fail
Q01783186 On CCMS, Access voice ports not reacquired after NIC failure on CallPilot
Q01798207 Access channels are not acquired on simultaneous reboot of CP and CCMS
Q01831687 CallPilot HA DSO is not associated with DSP's causing RNA
Q01592726 Opened large text application event log from Event Viewer and AOS service crash
Q01818131 AOS Services can not start in High Availability setup
Q01692208 RTN should always connect to a defined SMTP proxy server
Q01749477 Backup failure events, increase severity level
Q01777502 HighAvailability/ContactCenter Acquire-Login Enhancement
Q01729524 In Voice Form, Record button works incorrectly
Q01684355 MFR not working between networked CallPilots if mailbox without desktop capable
Q01782363 Configuration Wizard loses Access Class IDs
Q01740330 Message Forwarding Rule disables after incomplete fax fails to convert to TIFF
Q01659867 Saldm.exe using 93% of the CPU
Q01161352 CallPilot Server security was compromised through FTP Service
Q01567764 Backup and Restore Failure notification guardrail
Q01624489 IMAP service drops client connections and terminates unexpectedly
Q01646486 T1: RN fails - Out calling agent uses Remote off duty channels
Q01655161 Events 35103 and 38004 generated
Q01658413 MTA service crashing
Q01661765 T1: RN fails and events 40592, 55076 reported on event viewer
Q01665585 30 MSR: Default IPSEC Policy missing from registry
Q01667713 Bugcheck reboot running Config Wizard while connect with RAS
Q01673459 Undelivered RNs after reboot result in outcalling blocking
Q01685827 No answer when dialing to application builder SDN
Q01721110 MSI: The print button on readme dialog box is disabled.
Q01721988 MSI: The log file does not contain any requirement to reboot system
Q01722747 MSI: Log file contains no information for unsuccessful installation
Q01723582 Cancel installation but the log file says Install PEPs completed successfully.
Q01738970 Unified Trace tool is not accessible from distributor account in Support Tools

4. Installing the PEP:
======================
This PEP is intended to be installed on CallPilot 5.0 (build 05.00.41.20) servers
that were installed with or upgraded to Service Update 2 (CP50041SU02S).

This PEP will work correctly with CallPilot Manager installed with or upgraded
to version 05.00.41.41 using PEP CP500S02G50C.

High Availability (HA) Systems
------------------------------
This PEP is HA aware (PEP updates MMFS files).

To install this PEP on HA system please follow the procedure
for installing PEPs described in the document NN44200-311 "High
Availability: Installation and Configuration", section "Install PEPs".

This PEP replaces the following PEPs:
------------------------------------
- CP500S02G06S
- CP500S02G09S
- CP500S02G16S
- CP500S02G17S
- CP500S02G20S
- CP500S02G24S
- CP500S02G28S
- CP500S02G30S
- CP500S02G33S
- CP500S02G38S
- CP500S02G39S
- CP500S02G40S
- CP500S02G42S
- CP500S02G43S
- CP500S02G46S
- CP500S02G47S

Replaced PEPs will be automatically uninstalled when CP500S02G49S is installed.

This PEP uninstalls the following PEPs:
---------------------------------------
- CP500S02R31S
- CP500S02G35S

Uninstalled PEPs will be automatically uninstalled when CP500S02G49S is installed.

In order to install the PEP:
----------------------------
- Launch the CP500S02G49S.msi to start the installation of the PEP.
- A reboot is required.

Uninstall:
----------
- Go to Start>Programs>CallPilot>System Utilities>PEP Maintenance
Utility. Click Show PEPs. Select CP500S02G49S, and click Remove.
- Reboot is required after uninstall.

It may not be your answer, but an issue that has caused a similar problem for me was that there was not enough free space on the C drive.

I believe that you need at least 500M free space to run reliably. In my case, because someone had copied the latest peps to the desktop, the vacant space was reduced, and the result was reboots.

Try freeing up space.

I been looking for the CallPilot in programs. Not there. The interface is a PC next to the rack using OTM.

Can I get to this through OTM?

JackOldham, I have exactly the same symptoms as you are describing, also on a 1002rp server. The server had been running without an issue as a mail server but the problem only started once I integrated CC6 for IVR. Have you had any feedback from Nortel as to a solution yet I would be very interested in anything you have found.

Boomerang, with your Call Pilot server model 201i, you will want to use the keyboard/mouse/monitor that are directly attached to the 201i card in your switch. Access the Windows Start Menu through this interface.

You should be able to get to callpilot manager thru the otm server, just type in the ip address of the callpilot..(137.135.128.250/cpmgr). But if you need new peps this needs to be done from the face plate of the server. Are you getting a virtual memory error on the server screen, I bet thats what it is. Nortel has been updating Peps like crazy lately so I am sure you are out of date, new peps installed correctly will clear the problem.

It probably is a Peps issue as you are suggesting. However, the whole CallPilot has failed now due to a faulty interface port on the back of the card. We can't ping it from the network and it can't ping out to the network. I'm trying to convince the customer to upgrade to at least a 600R. We'll see what they want to do next month.

Thanks for all your help to everyone!

Hmm, my 201i ran for at least 5 years without problems. Is there a particular reason that leads you to believe the interface port if faulty?

(BTW, I've still got that 201i laying around after replacing with a 1005r this summer...)

We suspect a faulty interface because I can't ping the Callpilot IP from the network, and by connecting directly to the CP I have verified the correct IP, and I can't ping out to any address. Changing the network settings to automatic gives me a 169.254.xxx.xxx address. I have eliminated all layer one, two and three problems by changing switch ports and patch cords with known working ones and verifying the Router and OTM configurations. Unfortunately I don't have another CP handy to test the port on the card, but the cabinet interface seems to be working since the other cards respond and are accessible.

They have been using Unified Messaging on at least 5 mail boxes and I have been told that the 201i is not powerful enough to handle this consistently with all the other mailboxes. They are also wanting to use fax mailboxes too, so the 600R looks to be a better, more powerful option.

Who ever told you the 201i can not handle 5 mailboxes is blowing smoke and should be thrown out on his ear.

Here is a way to test.....

use a cross over cable and connect to your laptop. Make sure you are using static IP addresses on the callpilot server and your laptop in the same subnet and see if you can ping back and forth. If it does not work then you have a defective card or possible a cabling issue from the back plane of the IPE shelf. If it works you are golden on your end and the problem is on their network end. Simple as that.

By the way the 201i will support up to 8000 mailboxes so I think it can handle 5 desktop messaging users. I personally would not go that high on a 201i just because of the lack of redundancy.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

I am also running CP 04.04.04 and had that cleanup PEP installed last year. I have about 1.3gb of space left on C: but still get lockups or the inability to access the cpmgr. I used to reboot but I began to stop IIS and associated services to get web access back. This is all fine and good, but there has got to be some sort of permanent (haha) fix for this. Is it possible to change the RAM on that board? I am working on reconfiguring a separate HD with a larger C: partition to even try that...anybody do that one before?

And just to confuse things, I have has a tail from a call pilot fail that gave the same symptoms.... cannot ping / be pinged.... Do not discount that reason

Negotiations are ongoing with the customer about migrating to a 600R. I find it interesting that Nortel released a manufacturer discontinuation notice on the 201I midyear 2006, yet this was installed early in 2006. Unfortunately I wasn't involved in the system design so I have no answers.

I also have found out that supply on new uninstalled 201I cards is extremely limited, and re-manufactured cards are nearly double in price than last year. "things that make you go hmmmm..."

Anyone interested in purchasing this card for any reason? I'm pretty sure the customer will part with it or have skeet practice. I hear Celeron 3 processors are said to make a really neat popping noise when subjected to extreme heat and high pressure situations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back