Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Caller ID Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkp20

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2007
US
I have a user with a M2616 phone. The user has her extension and rollover extension on key 00 and 01. The user also has their supervisors extension on key 14 and xmwa on key 13. Anytime the user receives a call on their line the Caller ID works. But if the user receives a call on the line that's on key 14 the Caller ID does not display. How can i resolve this?

Thanks ill try it.

buddy do you have a direct link cause i want to ask you one more question related to nortel/avaya

thats for linkin, but ill go ahead and ask here cause i just read you cant send private messages or post email address or such on the site.

im still using Nortel CS1000 on version 6.5. The company does not want to upgrade to the current version of Avaya. We purchased 5 new 1120e IP phones which are no longer Nortel but Avaya. The phones have the new Avaya firmware and will not connect to my system. I downloaded the new firmware and added it to our server and the phone still will not work. Is there a way to get the new Avaya IP phones with the firmware on the CS1000 6.5 system?

yes, where is the phone stalling? You attempt to register the phones and what happen...Please provide some details.

for some reason it says the firmware isnt compatible. even after i add the firmware to the list.

ok, what firmware is it requesting? When you add the firmware to the signal server...did you push out to the mgc cards?

the firmware for the new Avaya firmware 1120e phones is 0624C7M. My Nortel 1120e's are on 0624C3C. And how do i send it out to the mgc card?

I have the firmware that was release in march 2012 for unistim was 1120E IP Deskphone 0624C8L.. not 0624C7M....Please double check...that is probably your issue.

when i hook the Avaya phone up it tried to download the 0624C7M firmware. let me find a website to upload a picture to and i will show you.

im heading out of the office for today ill check back tomorrow. Thanks for helping me with this also.

That firmware is for a i200X series phone. On the Avaya website please look for firmware for the 1100 series phone set and down load it.

thats how i program the ip phones as i2002 and i2004. the 1120e are programed as the i2002 and the 1140 are programed as a i2004. this is how the old PBX guy set them up with a Nortel rep.

Programming and firmware are two different things. Download the firmware for the 1120e that should fix it.

so i downloaded the 0624C8L and added it to the server. is that all i need to do before i plug the phone in?

i want to thank you all for your help. i finally got the new phones to work. what i did was download the 0624C7M.bin file, went into my CS1000 Element Manager, uploaded the software to the centralized file upload section, then went to the IP Telephony Firmware Upgrade section and distributed the C7M firmware to my node. After i did that if worked. But now im afraid if one of the older phones reboots will it mess up cause of the new firmware?

If the phones reboot...it will see a new firmwire and pulling it and then reboot and make the neccessary connection. It will just add some time to the boot process until the firmware is upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back