Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Backups -- Have I Covered All the Bases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshbell

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2008
US
Here's how I'm backup up our three CS1000 PBXes:
Code:
[b]LD 43[/b]
EDD
After the EDD internal backup routine runs (usually takes 2-3 minutes), then I put in a 64MB PCMCIA SSD into Slot A of the CS1000, and write the backups created by LD 43 to the PCMCIA:
Code:
[b]LD 143[/b]
UPGRADE
From the menu, select 3. UTILITIES
From the menu, select 2. ARCHIVE DATABASE UTILITIES
From the menu, select 3. ARCHIVE CUSTOMER DATABASE
Enter a backup name
After the archive is written, I pop out the PCMCIA and use WinImage to make a VHD disk image of the PCMCIA for off-site storage.

Is that the correct procedure? Am I capturing everything so that, if we completely lost one of the CS1000s (say, to a natural disaster) that I’d be able to just pop the PCMCIA card into the replacement CS1000 and restore from the card? I want to be sure I’m not missing anything.

If these are small systems, use LD143 .XBK from a PC

It is a better backup.

I have an overview here:
If you completely lose one of the systems, you are going to have to reinstall, then restoring from the XBK will include all the patches. An Archive on PCMCIA does not, to my knowledge.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com | Connect with me on LinkedIn
--

As Gene has stated, use the "XBK" command from a serial port in LD 143 as this will do a complete backup inc IP info accounts (on 4.5 onwards).

Please read my guide for more details on the restore to rebuild the 11c software. It's old now, but should still be useful.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back