Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 1140E & 1120E

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma2

Vendor
Mar 2, 2010
US
I have CS1000 that was pulled from service working and the phones that came with it. I have tried to boot the phones assuming their current configuration matches with the switch. I tried it through a Cisco POE switch with no luck. Now I have the phone with a power brick and cat5 cable plugged into a 10/100 ethernet hub. I have the ELAN and TLAN from the Signaling Server also plugged into the Ethernet hub.

Beyond that I have the Call Server ELAN plugged into the CE port of the Media Gateway Controller. Then I have the 1E and 2T from the MGC plugged into the ethernet hub.
The phones still don't receive data from the switch. Do I have to activate something in the switch to pass the data along?

I would expect that most 11xe phones are using DHCP; unless you have a DHCP server that is giving out the correct IP settings to connect to your CS1000, it's not going to work. You'll need to manually set the IPs on the phones (or set up a DHCP server to provision them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back