Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS 2 on Win 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2229

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
Will CS2 run on a Windows 8 computer?

Daniel

I run it and the only issue I have encountered is it takes ages to 'Save For Web'. I tend to want to save batches of images for web and have found that it works fine if the Save for Web is part of an action. Bizarre but practical.

Keith

OK, CS2 runs great on my Win8 laptop. I have a chance to buy CS3 and test it on my laptop. can I have both on my computer at the same time to see which one I want to stick with?

If and when I uninstall one of the versions, will associated files get messed up?

Daniel

Be careful with buying older releases like CS3. Old licenses may carry baggage from purposeful or inadvertent theft. Many people try to sell their old license that was used to upgrade to a current version. That kind of sale violates the EULA.

Multiple versions of CS can be installed on a computer, although you may experience quirks in trying to run more than one version of an app at the same time. File associations are made to the most recently installed version.

I like mscallisto's link to Adobe forums. The post from the Adobe employee is FUD to promote sales for a new product. Hilarious.

The client I am buying the CS3 from is my church which recently started getting the online CS6 for a monthly charge. I actually bought the software for the church so they wouldn't have to use Office for their weekly bulletin layouts. Oddly enough the secretary never made the jump and is still using Office, but our new Worship leader is using CS6 for some of the new audiovisual capabilities.

Basically, the software has been sitting on a desktop machine and has probably not been opened!

Daniel

I loaded the CS3 tonight, and it runs well. I don't see the Icons for Photoshop CS3 or InDesign CS3 on the Start menu and have to open them by going to the Search and getting it there.

I thought at one time I saw the All Programs menu where I could possibly make some kind of shortcut to the Start screen.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back