Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS 1000 DNDD/CNDA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlinsonm

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2011
US
Can anyone help with this please:
I have an Avaya 1230 IP set for a secretary. Her number of course is on key 0 and she has various other DN's in her department Appear only - no ring - on her display. When she calls one of those DN's it shows her name coming in on the caller ID (on her display)
Thanks

And if she calls from another phone it will show that name on the display. What are you wanting to see - most people want to see the information on who is calling?

Yes, her caller ID works fine. But when she calls other DN's that appear on HER set - Her caller ID shows HER dn calling the other number.

When she calls one of those DN's it shows her name coming in on the caller ID (on her display)"

That's because she is calling.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Do you mean when she calls using other (keys) DN's that appear on HER set or when she dials one of the DN's from her line (Key 0)?

When she dials from her number (key 0) to another DN that appears on her set but belongs to someone else - she sees on her display that she is calling..Maybe there is no way to stop this but so far she is the only one to notice this and report it to me!
Thanks

What your seeing is typical behavior, because you are calling a number on your own phone. The incoming call display is taking precedence over the name of the person you are calling.

If you watch the display - for a second, you see "who you are calling" then it changes to "who is calling you" (i.e. "you are calling you")

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back