Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crytsal ActiveX print dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

MzKitty

Programmer
Oct 28, 2003
US
Hi. I'm using vs2008 with Crystal reports 2008. I'm writing a intranet system for one of our divisions. I have set the crystal viewer for the ticket to use the printmode of activex. The user wants to click the print button on the viewer toolbar and have it print on the default printer without the crystal ActiveX print dialog box popping up. This is a web app so I can't use printToPrinter. Is this possible to suppress or do I tell them they have to hit OK when the dialog box comes up and that that's the only way?

Thanks
Cathy

In all previous versions of Crystal Reports, if the user is viewing the print preview screen and clicks the print icon, then the crystal reports functionality begins to take control. You have no control over what happens next as this is a background process attached to the functionality of the printer icon.

Depending you how you program the Crystal Reports interaction, you should be able to bypass the preview screen and print directly to the printer, but you can't have it both ways.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving wasn't meant for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back