Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal's vs SQR - capcity

Status
Not open for further replies.

gundrathi

Programmer
Mar 11, 2004
US

Hi

I would like to know how much volume Crystal(PeopleSoft) can handle. It will be great even if you tell me an approximate value.(like 20000 records, 200000 records etc)

We have a PeopleSoft Deivered crystal report (AMGL1000 - AM GL Re conciliation by department report) and we are making few changes to it. We are wondering if this report handles large volume of data or Is it safer to rewrite it using SQR. I didn't run the report yet since We haven't installed the software.

thanks
Sreedevi

Sreedevi,

Crystal reports should be used mainly for printing low volume or infrequent use reports.

If you crank out 2,000 vouchers a day, that could be acceptale, but 20,000 vouchers (assuming single sheet) is going overboard. You will need a fulltime printer person to load the paper and check the toner.

Once you start printing 20,000+ pages per run control, it would be preferable to switch to a sqr.

You will have to time the Crystal and ask your end-users if performance is acceptable.

Cheers,
erol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back