Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI, Windows 7, and DLL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliy

Programmer
Aug 12, 2008
US
They just gave me a new computer at work with Windows 7. Crystal XI installed with no issues, but now I need it to intall additional DLL's (for xbase file access and some export options).

In the past wih new XP computers I would just try the option and Crystal would ask for the CD and install the DLL. On the new Windows 7 box I get an error message "Cannot install DLL".

Is there some trick to get the DLL's to install under Windows 7? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of Crystal?

Charliy

I just did the exact same thing and had the same issue. I contacted Support and let them know what my new Computer specs were, 64bit win7, and they sent me a link to patch/install Crystal XI. WOrked great.

Tatertot45
QlikView Certified Developer
CRCP
A+, Network+
CCNA

Thanks, I did find the updates and service packs and the DLL's are now loading as needed.

Now I need to get the ODBC driver for Intersystems Cache loaded - but that's a problem for another board.

were were able to remove the 64bit ODBC driver setup and use 32 bit C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Once I got the right pices in place, the application that my reports embed in inatalls its own ODBC drivers. I finally found all the righ peices and everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back