Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI reports not refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudsjan

Programmer
Dec 14, 2010
AU
Hi,

Please someone help me out.. my reports are still not refreshing even if I have removed save data with report. I have also cleared my cache and yet, the subreport is still getting the old parameter..

anyone encountered this error?

thanks!

Have you checked if the parameter has a default value? Or checked the subreport links to confirm that the correct value is passed?

Also have you checked record selection in the subreport? Any link creates a selection rule, which stays there even if you remove the link.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks for replying..

The parameter doesn't have a default value.. it was set like this..

foreignid as Integer and RunManagerId as String..

then on the left side of the command parameter the name of the sp ?foreignid , &RunManagerId

so the link of the subreport should be..

at the upper right hand box the following is being selected

command.RunManagerId
command.companyId

at the bottom left the following is selected
?pm.RunMaangerId
?foreignid

and at the lower right hand.
command.RunManagerId

what do you mean by saying have i checked the record selection in the subreport?

thanks

Report > Selection Formulas > Record. See what's there.

If that's not the problem then I have no idea what's wrong.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back