Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI preventing execution of command line based on variable valu

Status
Not open for further replies.

timolria

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
Two separate variables before reading records:
X = number of parameters populated
Y = if X>=2 then TRUE

IF X = FALSE, can I prevent the command from being executed? I don't want the report to return data using the command if user has not populated 2 or more parameters. (Command contains all fields needed from custom view and also passes parameter values)

I know I can control the display so as to display an alert message telling the user no data returned unless 2 or more parameters are populated but not sure if I can control the COMMAND.

Hi,

I'm just taking a wild guess at what you mean by "prevent the command from being executed."

I welcome other posts.

My thought is this: Could you use the main selection criteria and select
records like this.

if
X>=2 then
TRUE
else
false

Hi,
You maybe can try using the your 'main' report as a subreport of a shell that only exists to hold the 'main' in its details section and has a supression formula based on the 2 parameters' values. ( The shell may not even need to have any real data returned)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back