Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI Parameter list issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalSS

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
Hi all,

Working with CR XI Developer version 11.0.0.2495.
The database I'm working with is a simple Access Database.

The report runs without any problems, however, my co-worker wanted to add a dynamic parameter for the users. He created the parameter pointing toward a string field to get the list of values. Saved the parameter. However, he gets an error when he tries to use it. This is the error:

Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error:
Error in File : The request could not be submitted for background processing.]'.

Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D

I looked on the Bobjects site and it appears that this was reported to be caused by the parameter pointing to a field that exists in multiple tables. That really isn't the case for this database.

To get around the issue I told him to create a static parameter and to append all the database values to the list for right now. When we do this nothing gets appended. When we try to select values one by one from the field the list of available values is empty.

We know the field has data, we can browse field data from the field explorer without issue.

Any clues as to why XI may be having trouble reading the data from our table?

Thanks!

I have Crystal 11.0.0.2422 and 11.5.8.826 (Release 2) on one workstation (MS Vista) and I get the same issue using a Pervasive issue datasource. I also had a report using Access that while I can select the dynamic parameter, Crystal Reports crashes while refreshing.

On another workstation(MS XP), I have Crystal Reports 11.0.0.2269 and 11.5.0.313 (Release 2). The same reports work just fine on that workstation.

I would be interested in any suggestions, as well.

I am getting the same error using Crystal v11.0.0.895 on Vista. The same reports work fine in XP. The failure happens when I try to refresh the report, as soon as I ask it to prompt me for new values.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back