Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI on Windows 7 Will Not See DSN Name 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBig1980s

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2007
Hello:

I have Crystal XI running on Windows 7 with SQL 2005. In SQL, I created a login in the "Security" folder. Subsequently, in the Data Sources section of Administrative Tools in Control Panel, I created a SQL Native Client ODBC connection with this login. This DSN Name is the one that I want to use for creating Crystal reports.

I have done all of this countless times before, on other machines. But, I'm having an issue on this machine.

When I open Crystal XI and start to build a report by using the Standard Report Creation Wizard, the DSN Name (i.e. the ODBC connection) that I created does not appear for choosing! Specifically, I'm choosing to "Create New Connection" and "ODBC (RDO)".

I have tried rebooting my laptop, etc., but it still does not appear.

My other ODBC connections that I have here on my laptop appear. But, this "special" one does not.

Any ideas?

TheBig1980s

Are you using the 32-bit ODBC drivers? Crystal XI will not recognize the 64-bit drivers. You have to run the 32-bit ODBC program (I do not have the .exe name handy).

I hope this helps.

On a 64-bit machine the ODBC DSN administration for your 32-bit ODBC connections is at:
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back