Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI - Changing the Linking enforcement default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricJP

MIS
Dec 10, 2003
US
I'm using Table A to link by SSN to Table B. I'm creating labels that only use data from Tables B and C (and D...but I digress). The results of the selection criteria (and the SQL statement) do not show the equal inner join link from Table A because the default enforcement type is Not Enforce. When I change it to 'Enforce Both' I get the correct output. I have many reports where this situation is similar.

Is there a way to change the default Link Enforce to "Enforce Both" or "Enforce To"? I could not find it in Crystal help, or George Peck's book "Complete Reference...". I'm thinking there may be an undocumented registry entry???

I understand that using a field from Table A will also cause the link to occur in the SQL, but I'd rather not have a suppressed field on every report I create.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Petersen - California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back