Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal won't join fields across platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieso

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
<<<<< VERY NEW TO SQL >>>>

There you go. Fair warning of my utter ignorance here. I'm working in Crystal reports and I can't get it to join two fields. The one in the AS400 and the one in Oracle are both 15 character strings with the first six characters being numbers, and the rest being blanks.

It seems I'm now forced to learn SQL. Where does one go to get an introduction to it, and if it's not too much trouble, how do I write an SQL join that will work. I don't ask to shortcut the answer, but rather to figure out where to start. (Right now I don't even know which part of the query is the join!!!)

Thanks in advance for not blasting the stupid Canadian :eek:)

Rodger

Check in the FAQ area of this forum. One FAQ points to a SQL primer and another to tutorials.

Here are some additional resources.

SQL Tutorial

Online Book: Teach Yourself SQL in 21 Days, 2nd Edition

SQL Tutorial
If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874 and thread183-468158.
Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:

Credit where it's due, right...

I knocked around the Tek-Tips sight and found a really awesome FAQ FAQ220-822

It points to a couple of SQL tutorials. I've been playing with the first turorial for 20 minutes, and I think I already have the answer to my question.

Kudo's to Simanek's really great FAQ's post and thanks to Terry, for the links.

:eek:)

Rodger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back