Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal will not pull certain data from PSI software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichelle

MIS
Apr 16, 2007
US
I am creating a custom Productivity report. We are using PSI/Macola packages. The report works fine except, some of the processes for our presses are not pulling into the report. For instance, "some" of the Run and Set-up processes will not pull into the report. Processes like Idle,Breaks, Wrapup, etc. definitely will not pull into the job. When looking into Enterprise Manager and selecting the table that I need, I can clearly see the data in the table...the info is there. (If anyone is familiar with PSI, I used the table BBPROCESS and even tried SSPROCESS.) I pretty sure that I am using the correct Tables but I could be wrong. Everything that I look at says those processes are there. I even ran this report against the canned report that came with the software, it will pull all the run and set-up processes, but again it also will not pull the process "idle" only.
Can anyone tell me why Crystal will not pull this data and/or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Could be linking. If you link table A to table B, the report will not show something that has an entry in table A but not in table B. Not unless you make it a 'left outer' link, and also have no selection conditions on table B.

If that's not it, try doing quick Crystals using the 'Report Expert' to get a good look at the raw data, one table at a time.

PS. It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Oh sorry. We are using version 8.0.1.0, Would there be something about this version that is keeping me from getting the data I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back