Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Viewer-subreport/drilldown not viewable

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmedeiros

Technical User
Feb 21, 2008
US
Looking for guidance. I created a Crystal report (v12) with a subreport.
Main report contains ticket details...ticket#, date, etc.
Subreport linked by ticket# contains multiple lines of activity data (date/time, comments, updated by, etc.)
Subreport is set as 'OnDemand'
Subreport is placed in groupfooter section wtih mainreport details.
Viewing in Crystal2008/v12, the link for the subreport allows me to see the data contents by doubleclicking on it.

My user community has Crystal Viewer2011. When i look at the same report in Viewer, i can see the link for the subreport but unable to drilldown to see the details.

Anyone have ideas to allow the drill down action in Viewer?

Looking at prior post, i saw similiar issues but no resolution.
I've tried, based on prior posting, setting properties value for DSN default propertie to 'true'. That did not resolve my issue.

Appreciate any ideas for a solution.

As far as I know, the latest Crystal Viewer doesn't allow data access so on demand subreports won't work. Since the user is accessing saved data, it all has to be retrieved on the initial refresh of the report.

You can use Crystal Viewer 2011 to refresh reports if you have a license for CR Server. Otherwise this application is just a viewer in a way similar to Adobe Reader - you can use it to view static report files created by other applications.

There are some free and paid viewers on the market. Here is a comparison:

Viewer, scheduler and report manager for Crystal reports and SSRS.
Send your report everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back