Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Viewer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
We have a report that uses a parameter to ask for an order number.

When we view the report in Cystal report viewer, the Change button is greyed out.
The report is set to save data with report.

I have also googled this issue and found if you take the parameter out of Report\Select Expert\Record and place it in Report\Select Expert\saved data this should allow the Change button to work.

This it does, however the report then goes through thousands of records to just to get to the order number. Before the change the selection was instant. it now goes through all the database records, this is in the 2008 and also the viewer.

Any ideas how I can stop this happening so I can sue the Change button quickly in the viewer.

Thanks

I found a viewer called Crystal Delivery which is free and works very well.

The viewer from SAP is intended for saved data and has restrictions that you won't find in any commercial viewer. Crystal Delivery is one of a dozen or so third party viewers that are listed on my website, and compared on my blog.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back