Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Viewer DLL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchg

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
US
I am using Access 97 and Crystal Reports 9 and I want to open a report in Access using a Crystal viewer control. Where can I find the craxdrt.dll and the crviewer.dll? I downloaded a sample app (mentioned in the thread started by rsatty: 'Crystal and Access'), from Crystal website (and converted it to Access 97), but it won't run and I think it is because I am missing these dll's. They are both checked off in References but flagged as 'Missing'. I can't find these dll's anywhere on my hard drive or on my network. Can I download them from Crystal's website?

What version of Crystal 9 are you using? The standard and professional versions do not allow you to distribute those dll's.

I have the developer edition. I found the dll's I was looking for, they are named differently in previous versions. It was the Crystal Reports 8 versions of these dll's that were missing from my References list. I am all set now.

Thanks

Hi,

I am having the same problem with missing DLL's. My app
is an LabVIEW ( GUI that used the craxdrt.dll
and crviewer.dll (to view and/or export to Excel 2000). Both dll's came from my Crystal 8.0 Developer s/w. Now, my users (Qty. 5) have been upgraded to Excel 9.0 (Office XP)
and they are getting the following errors: "Missing or out of date export DLL.. ". What are the new names and do they need to be registered (regsvr32.exe) like the two above?
Thanks!
-Karl

There is a very good chance that the dlls are not missing.

Instead you have two versions of CRViewer.dll on the same PC. Make sure you copy the newer one over the older one.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

IdoMillet,

I unregistered & removed v8.x of the two dll's & CR8 dev
program. The two new dll's names I know. The problem now is that I've read in cr9 pdf help files that I should use
"ConnectionProperties" instead of "SetLogOnInfo". I am now making those changes. It did work one time through but the second query (Oracle 8 - via a ODBC DSN) always fails with the CR9 viewer as it says something like "The necessary data is not found ..." or something like that. The export to Excel failed only after the viewer failed.
-Karl

Karl,

It's not clear if the original problem was solved using the steps I suggested. If it was solved, please start another thread since it sounds like you are now asking a completely different question.

As a side note, CR 9 still supports the older connection method. That method is simply noted as potentially "going away" in future versions.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi,

I was reading this thread and had a similar problem with missing dll's. I have Crystal Reports 9 installed and had been using Visual Studio 6.0. I have quite a few applications developed in VB 6.0, but recently upgraded to Visual Studio .net. When I tried to open my application in .net I was prompted to convert it from 6.0 to VB .net However, during the upgrade process I keep receiving a message that crviewer.dll is missing and the upgrade is aborted. It suggests that I reinstall VB 6.0. Is this the same issue as lynchg mentioned above...that the dll may still exist but was named differently in previous CR editions or am I really missing this dll? We no longer have a licensed copy of VB 6.0 and need to continue using .net

Thanks.

I am not certain this will solve your problem but the names of the version 9 editions of the 2 DLL's I needed are:

craxddrt9.dll
crviewer9.dll

Good Luck!

lynchg,

The names changed for the two files. They are now called craxdrt9.dll and crviewer9.dll. You'll need to search for these two.

Good Luck !

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I had a couple questions about loading the dll's. When I load my old VB6 program in VB .net I am brought to the conversion wizard to convert my VB6 pgm to VB .net. How should I get my VB to recognize the Crystal Rpts 9 dll files (craxdrt9.dll and crviewer9.dll). It is looking for crviewer.dll, and if I make a copy of crviewer9.dll and rename the duplicate file: crviewer.dll, it still won't convert the vb 6 program.

Do I need to load the crviewer.dll? Will that cause any conflicts, since I'm trying to trick the system into thinking it has the correct dll? How do you load the dll's?

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back