Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal viewer and subreport on-demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirel

MIS
Jul 22, 2009
AU
Hi There,

I have created a report with one subreport inside it. (using Crystal report XI)
The report shows list of dates and connects to stored prog1.
The subreport shows 24 hours inside each of the date and connects to stored prog2.

I chose "On-demand subreport" option so that the report won't burst into hundreds of pages.

I stored the report into another software that has embedded Crystal Report Viewer into it and ran the report, I can see the link for drill down but when I clicked it the window popup asking to loggin again (user name and password).

Could anyone please suggest a solution so that I can drill down the subreport on-demand without asking to login again to the oracle database?

Many thanks,
N

Try going into database->set datasource location->subreport->properties->use DSN Default properties-> change this to "true".

-LB

Thank you for the reply LB
Is it in Crystal .I went database -> set datasource location ->subreport->highlight properties and it not lem me do anything .Try right click windows pop up.

Thank Nirel

You should be able to click on the + sign next to Properties. Then highlight: Use DSN Default Properties: True. Then put your cursor in front of true and change it to "false".

I'm not sure whether your driver is set up the same way as mine though.

-LB

I think my is different
Under properties i have
Database Type :Oracle Server
Service : server name
User ID : user name
OS Authentication : False

Sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe someone else does.

-LB

Thank you for your time. I had a chart with our developer,they will need to change a code in .net.

Nirel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back