Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal truncating MEMO fields to 2 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpurcel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
US
Hiya,

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 CR Developer Ver 12.1.0.892 against an Oracle DB. Crystal is truncating all the MEMO fields to 2 characters. If I pull the memo field using SQL and not Crystal, the data is all there. When pulled with Crystal, I only get the first two characters.

I've looked through CR help for settings that might impact this but have not found any. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea why it is happening?

Thanks!

I checked to see if I could see this problem in CR 2008, Oracle 11, using string field (255), and it displayed correctly. I checked in the help section and noticed that truncation of memo fields could result from: "Inconsistencies due to printer drivers." Try looking that up in help search--might help.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back