Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Server XI database login

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomster

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
AU
When I save a report to Crystal Server, I have to go into the CMC and set the default information for logging onto the data source. This is something that used to happen automatically but since building a new server does not. Every time I make a change to a report it wipes the login info. (Kinda painful!!) Is there a setting I have missed that will keep the info??

cheers,

David

In CMC, click on the report. Under the Properties tab, click on the refresh options and uncheck "Default Database Logon information"

FYI, I also uncheck Title, Description, and Printer Options so I don't have to reenter the data.

-lw

Thanks kskid however, is there a way of setting "Default Database Logon information" to be unchecked by default?

cheers,

David

Not that I have found. If you find a way let me know.

By the way, I forgot to mention that you should also go to the Process tab, then database and enter the password and scoll to the bottom and check "Use same database logon as when report is run" and click update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back