Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Schedulers -- your experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misbrandy

MIS
Jun 12, 2007
US
We're using Crystal v10. We are quickly approaching the point where we need a scheduler. I'm looking for something that with the press of one button (after closing complete) a whole series of reports can run and either print or be emailed. They are all parameter-driven reports, but are typically based on date ranges. The bursting option would be nice, but not necessary if it costs a lot more or does not include other benefits. We are a small-medium sized business and need scheduling capability for 2-8 people.

I've been looking into economy packages such as:
the inexpensive products:
- the free Crystal Delivery by Groff Automation, and
- the inexpensive Easy View by Easy Street Software,
and the moderately priced:
- Visual Cut, and
- Report Scheduler Pro by Crystal Desk,
and the expensive:
-Crystal Report Distributor by Christian Steven.

Your experiences and suggestions on any of these or other scheduler products is much appreciated!

If you have Crystal Enterprise 10, the Scheduling feature is very good. You can schedule your reports for parameters, dates, different formats and also emailed or ftp to a server. I really use it and like it a lot.

Good point! Unfortunately, we don not have Crystal Enterprise, only Crystal Reports 10 (I should have made that clear!)

I don't know about the other products. All the Best in your search.

I don't have any experience with any of these products except Visual CUT, which is a great product. Only $300 so that is emminently affordable as well.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back