Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Rpts, URL Reporting, Instance=Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
Does anyone know if URL Reporting supports sInstance=Last on BI 4.0 SP4?

I have found URL Reporting documentation for XI40 [see link below] and it does not include any reference to using the sInstance parameter.
XI40 URL Reporting

The URL Reporting documentation for XI3 includes references on using the sInstance parameter.
XI3 URL Reporting

I am working with XI40 and unable to get this behavior working - to display the Last Instance of a report. I am wondering if this functionality is no longer supported since it is not in the more recent documentation.

I appreciate any information.

It looks like you'll probably have to change your code to use OpenDocument instead of the older URL Reporting for Crystal. It has the sInstance=Last parameter available.

-Dell

Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Hi Hilfy,

In our case, we want to open the Latest Instance of a scheduled monthly report from a PowerBuilder developed Windows application. The goal is that it will display the results of the latest scheduled execution and not re-execute the report.

A co-worker was headed in the OpenDocument direction, but seems to think that we should open the CUID of the specific instance via OpenDocument. In my opinion, that eliminates the need for the sInstance=Last parameter since we will be opening the instance. I think that we need to open the original, scheduled report ID since the instance ID will be different each time the report executes [once per month] and our PowerBuilder application will not know what the new CUID is. Perhaps I am not understanding Crystal Instances, IDs and CUIDs.

I appreciate any questions, clarifications, recommendations, etc.

In the mean time I will see what I can find concerning documentation of OpenDocument.

Thanks,
Bill

To use sInstance=Last, you'll get the ID of the parent report, NOT the ID of the schedule. You can also use the SI_ID instead of the SI_CUID.

-Dell

Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back