Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports XI slow loading DataSets in .Net 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemech

Programmer
Feb 8, 2004
US
I am evaluating Crystal Reports XI Developer edition and have found a very annoying problem. It takes about 30 seconds to run the Load() method of the ReportDocument object in C# when connecting the crystal report to a dataset object. There is no delay at all when using the Crystal 9 version that comes with .NET 2003. Has anyone seen this problem or have any ideas? I have searched business objects web and Google as well and have not been able to resolve this. I have installed and tested this on two different pc’s and the symptom stays the same.

Example code with 2 column, 0 row DataSet –-

DataSet ds = new dsTest();
ReportDocument rpt = new ReportDocument();
frmCRTest crForm = new frmCRTest();

// THE NEXT LINE TAKES ~ 30 SEC. TO LOAD.
rpt.Load( @"C:\rptTest.rpt" );

rpt.SetDataSource( ds.Tables[ 0 ] );
crForm.crViewer.ReportSource = rpt;
crForm.Show();

(This code works fine with the version of Crystal that ships with VS.NET 2003)

~~ Codemech

Any response to this? I've been having that prob for a few months after upgrading. Thanks!

My post:
CReporter (Programmer) 3 Nov 05 17:06
After upgrading from CR 9.5 to XI, speeds dramatically slowed down. Approximmately now over a minute from 20ish secs. Nothing has changed in the reports. They do contain 15 subreports, 50 formulas and calculations, etc.

Anyone had anything similar happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back