Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports XI R3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SairamC

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2010
I've a question on refreshing a report on navigation.
We've upgraded Crystal Reports from version 9 to version XI R3. The deployment went successful. One of the reports has an issue. In version 9, the report fetches all the data and the user can navigate to all the pages without any problem. When we migrated the report to version XI R3, only the first page is retrieved and subsequent pages are dynamically retrieved. This causes the report to generate a blank page as the data gets updated when the report is called first time. Is there a way to fetch all the data when the first call is made and use that to navigate rather than fetch the data every time the user navigates to a different page? Are there any flags that needs to be set for not refreshing the report after it is generated initially.

Thanks,

How are you running the report? Is it in BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports Server, or an application you've written? If you're running through BOE or CRS, there is no way to change this behavior - this is how it works.

In general, Crystal Reports questions get better responses if you ask them in the Business Objects: Crystal Reports forums. If you're running the report through your own application, I would post questions like this in the Business Objects: Crystal Reports 3 Integrate forum. If you're using BOE or CRS, I would post in the Business Objects: Crystal Enterprise forum.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back