Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports with Unknown Number of Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

prgmrcr

Programmer
May 11, 2009
US
Hello Members,
I have to build a report using Crystal Reports. The query pulls the data with variblae number of columns. The columns are not fixed and they change based on the criteria. I have tried using corss tab. The problem with teh cross tab is it is not diplaying the title of the fields that are inserted in the rows section in cross tab.

col1 col2 col3
abc 7/23/2010 23 25 26
xyz 7/23/2010 23 25 26

The data is displayed in the above format. I have tried kepping the text objects but it displaces the row field heading when i export it otu to excel suing data only option. Any solution for this ????

Thanks in Advance!!!!

You can add the row labels in a formula:

whilereadingrecords;
"Name and Date"

Add this as your first rowfield. Go to the customize style tab and check "suppress subtotal" for this row. This will now appear as an outer column, but you could rotate the text, center it, and narrow the column. I'm not quite sure how this exports, but this is how I handle row labels.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back