Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports with ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parasu

Technical User
Mar 11, 2001
PH
Hi all,
How do I bring in a .RPT file which Ive created using Crystal Report into an .ASP page.
The report, should be displayed inside the IE browser window. How do I do it?

Thanx in advance

Parasuraman Parasuraman

Hey man,

Well, if its already been exported and is static HTML, you can just call the html page. If you want to have it live (meaning non-static, and not in HTML) then you'll have to use eitehr the Web Component Server or the RDC Automation Server With ASP. The thing with the latter two (well, depending on how many users will be seeing the reports i guess) is that you can only have 5 users at any one time viewing the reports online. If you want more, then you need to buy more licenses from Crystal Decisions.

If you need any more info, let me know.

Jack

Thanx alot Jack,
I now have an idea as how to integrate Crystal Reports with ASP.
How should I get a copy of the Crystal Report Web Component Server or the RDC Automation Server? Where do I get the price details. I dont fine it in the crystaldecisions.com site. So, If you have any idea of the product price and also for each - user license price, it'll be a great help.

Thanx again

Parasuraman Parasuraman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back