Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Viewer keeps asking for database password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlopeman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2011
Using CR XI connecting to a MSSQL 2008R2 Standard database.

Ive created a report with a subreport which everything works fine from Crystal Reports. I save the .rpt file to a file location for the application to call from, using crystal reports viewer. For whatever reason, the viewer keeps asking for the username and password for the database (ODBC connection). I cannot select the "save data with report" option, because I need the report to always call the parameters first. Selecting the "save data with report" option does work in regards to not asking for any credentials.

I believe I'm just missing something simple, but not sure what. I can provide more report details if you feel the report design is causing the issue.

You cannot save the user name and password with the report (except you use integrated security). Are you setting them from the calling application ?

Viewer, scheduler and manager for Crystal reports.
Send your report everywhere.

The calling application uses the same DSN as the report. Same username and password in the DSN.

You cannot save username and password in the DSN.

Viewer, scheduler and manager for Crystal reports.
Send your report everywhere.

Do you have the report in the Central Management Console (CMC)? If so, right click on the report in CMC and select "Database Configuration".

If you want the user to use the same username/password as the datasource, select "Use same database logon as when report is run" at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back