Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Viewer in VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoryhighway2

Programmer
Jul 18, 2005
US
Hello Everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of Crystal Reports, so please don't bash the newbie if this is simple stuff.

I'm using the Crystal Reports 9 Viewer Component in my VB6 application to display the data entered into an Access database.

I'm working off of code that was written by a previous developer at the company. His code works with the reports that he designed quite a while back.

I've recently created a few new reports that need to be used in my application because new functionality has been added.

I'm assigning the location of the tables that the RDC needs to connect to in my code, but when my code tries to open up the report, I get a generic Crystal Reports "Connect To" window, and if I select the current database that needs to be displayed, I get a "Logon error". "DAO Error Code: 0xBE5". "Could not use <filename>, file already in use" But as far as I know, it is not in use.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,
Geoffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back