Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports viewer/browser using windows server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizzycrystal

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2007
IE
We recently upgarded to windows server 2008. Now when a user opens the browser and clicks on a report they are asked for a user ID & password to the database which was never the case with windows server 2003.
We have tried setting the ODBC configuration to both window authentication & then another test setting it to sql authentication.
When set to windows authentication my network login doesn't work, when set to sql authentication the login “sa” and password works.
Can we fix something (security settings in in windows server 2008???) so that users of Crystal aren’t prompted for any login and password as was the case with windows server 2003?

I don't use it exactly the way you do. Do your users have have user accounts? If so, have you checked the user accounts for database credentials?

What software are you using to view your reports? If it's BusinessObjects or Crystal Server, did you do any updates to that software when you installed it on the new server?

If it's one of those two packages, I would log in to the CMC and check the Database Configuration on the reports. Make sure that you've set the user ID and password and that "Use same database logon as when report is run" is selected.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi Hilfy
Thanks for that reply. I changed the data config on each report and it worked! Thanks
We have now moved to Crystal Reports 2011 (as the browser for CR XI won't work with windows server 2008)
I installed CR Server 2011 on the server machine. I installed CR 2011 on my local machine.
I created a new report in CR 2011
When I publish (now called "report upload wizard") a report to the BI launch pad & then login via browser and click on the report I get an error:
The viewer could not process an event. Failed to open the connection. Error code CRWEB00000119

Did you check the database configuration on the report after you published it?

Also, if you do a Google search on CRWEB00000119 you'll find several links that might be helpful.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back