Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Viewer and ReportDocument component

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatHunter

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
GB
I am migrating VB6 apps to .NET. I want to add a new (strongly typed) crystal report to my project - I obtained a copy of Brian Bischoff's Excerpts for crystal and .NET, but have run into a problem before getting past page 9 which is about viewing your first noddy report!

I have added a crystal report viewer and created a test report in the project, but when I add a ReportDocument component, there is no prompt for which report to use as is supposed to be the case. There is also no mention of my strongly-typed report in the reportsource dropdown in the ReportDocument object.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why .NET is not acting as it says it should when I add a ReportDocument component?

Cheers

Paul

hi adamsp,

use Load Method of report document to specify report file name.

cheers
Lalit Rana

Thanks for the reply.

I can use load to load a report from a seperate file into the crystal report object and that works fine.

I can't work out how to use a strongly-bound crystal report in vb.net. I can add it to the project but am not sure how to make reference to it.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back