Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Version 2008 on WIndows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwn

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
US
I upgraded by system from WIN 8 to WIN 10 and CR 2008 was installed. CR2008 was working just fine and then as of now it just freezes at startup. Is CR2008 capatible with WIN10? i have changed the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports and look for DisableCheckForUpdates and change it to a "1". I have even unistallled and reinstalled. But still hangs at Start Up. THank you for any assistance!

I unistalled CR 2008 for SAP indicated it wasnt compatable with WIN 10. I then installed CR2013 which is compatable with WIN 10. Crystal Reports 2013 did start and ran just fine. UNTIL, I started my computer and tried to start CR 2008 again - CR 2013 then just hangs at the start screen.

Just a thought. CR2008 probably writes some value that is shared with CR2013, but not compatible with 2013. Short of an uninstall and re-install (hopefully the value will overwritten), I have no other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back