Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports VCL on Windows 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenielsen

Programmer
Dec 17, 2008
US
Anybdoy had any luck running the Crystal Reports VCL component in Windows 2008?

On two customer machines everything seems to be fine, except that the user can not print to anything but the default printer. The Change Printer button is not available. Anybody else have this problem?

I've been looking and Crystal Reports has .net assemblies that I guess in theory could be used in place of the VCL but I'm in way over my head and don't have a clue how to make them work. Anybody had any luck going that route?

I've been using the VCL component for years and am comfortable with it, I'd like to continue using it, but at this point it's not looking like an option.

Mike Nielsen
Systems Support, Inc.

The VCL stopped showing the printer option (by default)between CR8.5 and CR9. I've been forcing my way past this for some time by setting

WindowButtonBar.PrintSetupBtn = True

in the Vcl component itself before execution

I am on CRXI now with no real plans to jump to CR2008.
Hope this helps.

Yep, I was already doing that, and it does give me the printer setup button. I wasn't as clear as I probably should be with the original question.

When I press the Printer Setup button and get the panel with the options, the printer button inside there is gone. The same code, on anything but Windows 2008, works just fine, the button shows. This is the button that says "printer" inside the message box titled "Printer Options". And for some reason the "No Printer" box is checked, where it isn't on other Windows Operating systems.

Mike Nielsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back