Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

afouldsy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
GB
I am trying to run compiled crystal reports (v7) but everytime I run them an error occurs. They run ok on any other W2k server or client but will not run directly from our citrix server or via the ICA client.

The exe runs and then hangs and closes itself. The rpt file opened in crystal causes an app error and closes crystal reports. Or the reports runs ok as long as it does not return any data, if it returns data it shows a crystal report error of missing data fields.

These reports have always worked in a normal client/server set-up so the reports are ok.

We need to publish these crystal reports in Citrix - has anyone got any advice on this? Know of any issues, would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks

I work with both Citrix and Crystal but my reports are distributed , embedded in an application. However, in order to get them to function correctly and consitently I had to copy the Crystal DLLs into the SYSTEM32 folder of the Citrix installation. I have also had problems with some users when they do not have a printer created for their Citrix session.

Check the ODB/ADO settings of the datasource(s) your report is using. The settings and drivers have to be indentical per user....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back