Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Upgrade (Missing Reports at a Glance)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesAZ

MIS
Feb 5, 2003
US
Hello We are getting ready to upgrade to Crystal Reports 8.5 from Crystal Reports 7.5 at work. It comes bundled with the Non Profit Database we use. The problem is with Reports at a Glance does not appear to be part of this new version. If it is then I am missing it and any help in location it is greatly desired. All of my data entry personal uses reports at a glance as a quick way to view the reports with out having to open up the whole program to view and print just what the need.

Curious since CR did not have a v7.5 release. They went 7 -> 8 -> 8.5 -> 9

From what menu are you accessing 'reports at a glance'?

This sounds as though it might be a custom module unrelated to CR itself. Could it be?

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

The only v7.5 I am aware of was Crystal Info.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Okay My mistake it is just Crystal 7.0. And if you go to start programs and Crystal reports there is Reports at a Glance and you can also find it by browsing the hard drive and looking in the Crystal Reports Folder there is a Reports at a Glance executable. That opens a quick viewer of reports that will not let you make modifications to the reports.

Thanks that is what I was afraid of. So there is no viewer that would allow refreshing of the reports without having full Crystal control correct?

There are some possible options.

If you get Crystal Reports 8.5, you'll probably receive the freebie Crystal Enterprise 8.0, which will allow you to publish reports on the WEB (I think that it has 5 conccurrent licenses).

And there's an offline viewer (.exe) in CE 8.5, can't recall if it was in CE 8.

Other options include third party viewers, such as:

-k

My bad..Enterprise would be an alternative if the resources are available and I did not mention the Offline viewer as is has no refresh functionality.

Sorry 'bout dat

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back