Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports to Create PDF Form Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

millryan

Technical User
Jun 29, 2009
US
I generate reports from a SQL Database using Crystal Reports. I have automated the population of Data, Export to PDF and E-Mail delivery of the report. Once the PDF is E-Mailed I would like the recipient to have the ability to type in certain areas of the document, save and send back. Is there any way to set a field in Crystal that will become a PDF Form Field once it is exported?

At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Report Managers listed at provides exactly that type of functionality. It can either populate form fields in a pdf document template (and save to a new pdf file before emailing it) or generate the form fields immediately after the export to pdf based on Crystal formulas acting as form field directives.

Note: to allow the user to save and email the form back to you, I recommend the free pdf Xchange Viewer tool.

Cheers,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back