Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports that displays published Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

samps1

MIS
Dec 9, 2004
US
Hi all,

Is it possible to create a Crystal Report that displays all the reports that are published in Crystal Enterprise version 10? At a minimum, I would like to have the name of the report and where it is located in Enterprise, an extra bonus would be having the report description.

I would then publish this report to Enterprise so that people could see what reports are aviable without having to look in each folder in Enterprise, sort of like a report index.

Thanks In Advance

Yup, you'd think that would be an easy thing to report on the underlying data of your Business Intelligence platform...but NO!

Crystal Enterprise locks everything of value in the CMS database in encrypted fields so that you have to buy the add-on Auditing function (or a 3rd Party tool) to report against your CMS data.

Here endeth my personal rant against this model.

Hi,
Even though you cannot ( without purchasing a 3rd party tool , like those from APOS) use Crystal to report on what is published, you can write CSP/ASP code pages that query the Infoobjects data and then, using standard html/asp/etc coding, display the results in many ways, including a 'clickable' table that will run the report selected..

Having it give the 'location' may or may not be useful, depending on your definition of location ( the FRS, the Folder...etc)

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back