Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Subreports slowing down main report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corinne30

Programmer
Mar 24, 2011
US
I'm hoping that someone can give me insight on my problem.

I have a report that when my customer runs for a large date range, the report takes hours to compile. It was created with 2 sub reports in the detail section which I know is the problem. I've taken both off and it runs fine, I add only one of them back on and I have the same problem. So now I'm trying to look at the report and see if I can design it without them.
This is what it needs to look like (currently has the sub reports on it, circled in blue and red):

Capture_mzuwdp.png

When I try and remove the subs I'm having a problem because they need to be in the detail section so the data is duplicating:

Capture1_m945jj.png

Any ideas on how to get the results that I need (on the first image) but without using subreports?

We would need to know the tables and fields used, and to see how you are linking the tables together. It would help to understand the purpose of the report and what is meant by “other streets” and “Owner”. I’m also wordering why the same data appears in two fields in three sections in your first example. Are you only showing part of the detail data which would explain this?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back