Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Server XI Scheduler Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghnat

MIS
Apr 8, 2003
CA
Our company also has the 5 user CR Server that comes with CR XI and I have created hundreds of reports that are auto scheduled at various intervals with various file types (.pdf .xls, .txt etc) for our clients.

Is there any way to get a single itemized list of these hundreds of reports and ... who they are being send to, when they are being sent, report format, report paramaters etc. Is there a CR file which has this data? Other than manually copying the info for each report ... if the CR server crashes I would have no idea what was set up for scheduling. Yes I do back up the BOE11 SQL database nightly, but there is no info there pertaining to the scheduling data that I can see.

Please advise

Thanks

Gary

Hi,
There are 3rd party tools that can do some of that and you could write custom code using the SDK and create an application that would provide that info.
You cannot, however, query the XI CMS database directly as you might do with a 'standard' database.

Try some of the programs on Ken Hamady's links page:

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I have clients that use the APOS INSTANCE MANAGER and INFO SCHEDULER 3rd-party tools for this kind of work.

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

If you want some sample code for how to do this type of thing in the .NET SDK, look for the Tutorial program under "Other File Downloads" on my website: There's also instructions for how to install the XI SDK for BOE - the one for Crystal Server should be similar.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back