Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Server - Only allow reports to run off hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmrock

Programmer
Sep 5, 2006
US
I have a set of crystal reports that are hitting a production database, and they seem to be causing some performance issues to that production system. Is there way in Crystal Reports Server 2008 to limit a report so it can only be run during off hours? say 6pm-6am?

So you only want to restrict specific reports, not all reports, right? The short answer is not really.

You can create a new job server and put it into a server group. Then in the CMC restrict those reports to only use that server group. But you would have to manually diable/enable that job server each day.

You could also create an additional SIA which only holds the new job server, and find a third party tool that can stop and start the SIA service at specified times. I don't know of a tool to do that offhand, but I'm sure there is something out there. If you go that route and find something that works please post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back