Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports server 2008 and InterSystems Cache logon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

psichi

Technical User
Sep 30, 2011
US
Hello everyone,

Please forgive any fopaux; I'm new to the forum.

I've setup CR server 2008 and have numerous reports scheduled that access other databases without issues. However I'm encountering problems when configuring the InterSystems Cache reports.

The full error message is: Error in File ~tmp99c70b48cd0bd0.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

- The connection test in odbc manager on the server hosting CR Server 2008 is successful. That device is Windows 2008 R2.
- The report runs successfully using CR 2008 (developer) on any other workstation (CR 2008 developer is not installed on the server).

Has anyone experienced a problems with CR 2008 Server connecting to InterSystems Cache?

Thanks!

Did you enter logon credentials in the CMC for the InterSystems Cache reports? Your other reports may not need authentication, or they may use the account that the Job Server runs under.

Also, for troubleshooting purposes it's a good idea to install CR on the server. The first question usually asked is "Will it run within Crystal on the server?"

Yep. The credentials were configured for this and the other reports.

I'll install the developer along side and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back