Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Runtime causing AS/400 DB2 Database ID to be disabled intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Kok

MIS
Jun 15, 2023
MY
I am currently facing an issue and would like to get advice on how to set up a trace to trace all database login connections that are being issued on a Windows Server to our AS400 DB2/400 database. The reason why I want to trace this is that we have a Ripplestone Reporting Server running on the Windows server and we have a set of reports that is being scheduled daily/weekly/monthly via its scheduler. We are using this ID "MISKrystal" to access the database using the iSeries Access ODBC Driver, DISDRP Connection.

Intermittently, the AS/400 side would disable the MISKrystal database ID being used to run the Crystal Reports due to an invalid password being sent from the Windows server. But the only way that the users can access the reports for viewing or scheduling is via the Ripplestone platform, where all the reports are connected using the established DISDRP Connection.

It is becoming a frequent issue, as previously it occurred only once every few months, and now it's happening almost every day or two.

I hope that someone here can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back