Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal reports quote printing many pages when a formula referencing the bedryf table is added

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevvlol

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2013
US
We're running Exact Macola v9.6.400 and Crystal Reports v14.0.4.738

I'm trying to have the logo on the crystal quote change depending on the company which seems simple but I am having some problems with it.

I took the default quote report and added the bedryf table, was warned there are multiple start points which should be fine since bedryf only ever has 1 record and can't be linked to anything (I think?) Logo1 is added with no suppression formula, prints just fine. When I add Logo2 with a suppression formula referencing bedryf (If {bedryf.bedrnr} = '001' then true) it will print more than just the specified quote.

Instead of including bedryf in the main report, why not add it as a non-linked subreport? You can then control what is displayed within the subreport and it wont increase the number of records in the main report.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

Actually the method Peter suggested is exactly the way that Exact suggests that do this. I will try to upload an example later. What are you doing, pick tickets, invoices, packing lists? Please advise.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Thanks for the advice, I will take another look at this when I get some time.

@dgillz, I am only worrying about the quote at the moment (MACOEQTEFRM.rpt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back